Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring English Immersion Camp

Hi! I know that I have been horrible about updating this recently but I have been keeping myself busy. I spent this past week teaching English at a spring camp about 30km from my town. i was one of eight volunteers at this camp. Our responsibility was to formally teach two hours of English each day and then plan other activities for the children throughout the day.
My friend Emmy and I taught the intermediate class at our camp. We learned that we don't really know a lot of English grammar but we figured out enough to have some good lessons. Haha. The kids were great and so patient with us even if they didn't always understand what we were asking of them. After the English classes we hung out with the kids outside and did other activities such as three legged races and making cool shirts. (I'll post photos)
The camp was super tiring but I'm really glad that I was able to particiapte in it.

No comments: