Thursday, April 2, 2009

Photos from the south

I went to Marrakech. It only took me a year to visit this famous city. This is the Koutubia mosque. Sorry the photo is blurry but its the best I could do at night.


One of the best things I discovered upon arriving in Morocco. Avocado, almond and date juice. Yum! This one is from a favorite juice place in ouarzazate.


Caves that my friends and I climbed up to. We were told that this is where nomads stay when they come to this town.

woman crossing the river in a small town outside of ouarzazate. they carry all that brush to cook with or to feed the animals.

getting henna done for leid lmoulud by my host mom. tomato hands!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That drink looks tasty! What's that stuff on top?

Natalie Camarena said...

fruit!
its an amazing drink!