Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Updates...

I was out travelling quite a bit last week so I have some more photos :) My friend (casey) and I went to Tetouan before heading to Rabat for a series meetings. Tetouan was actually a really nice city. The vibe of the city was unlike that of any other Moroccan city I have previously visited. The people were really nice, the food was great and there was just something that made it very likable. Though it was a bit rainy, we really enjoyed out time in Tetouan.
Afterwards, we had a conference in Rabat. During our time in Rabat some inclement weather descended upon the entire country. It became incredibly windy and rainy. This bad weather has yet to let up so I wasn't surprised to find my house a mess when I returned to my town. I returned Saturday to find everything completely soaked and a roof leaking in almost every place imaginable. My landlord has gone to survey the damage but can't repair it until the sun dries the roof out. The river was overflowing the day before yesterday so everyone in town was going out to have a look. I went along with a friend of mine. On a brighter note, I do have another photo of the rug being made for me :)








2 comments:

o.O said...

look at how much rain there is! well, the flood.

the rug is beautiful. i bet you're used to the leaky roof by now.. do you ever give up and just let it leak? or if you neglect it, it'll create a huge mess?

Natalie Camarena said...

sadly enough, i am a bit used to the leaky roof. i can't do anything to the roof while its leaking except use buckets to catch the water. the roof can only be repaired once its dry...