Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Update

I know that I have been terrible about writing on this thing. I was rather busy recently and frankly, the internet has been less then good as of late. I apologize (really i shouldn't be making excuses) but will briefly tell you about what's been happening.
First of all, Ramadan has commenced once again. Saturday was the first day of this month of fasting. I saw two shooting stars on saturday night and have taken that to be a good omen for this month :) I am still fasting (now four days in) and hope to continue to do so for the entire month. I am going all out and abstaining from water as well as from food.
Ok. So before Ramadan my friends and I took a wonderful vacation and went to a small mediterranean beach town called Ras Lma. I will post some photos up soon. It was a great vaccation. Before that, a bunch of peace corps volunteers (myself included) helped out at a SIDA booth in Boulmane. We educated people about the disease and enjoyed the Boulmane berber festival :)
All has been well and I promise to write again soon (internet permitting).

No comments: